Making the Healthy Choice the Easy Choice
Creating Healthy Communities (CHC) is committed to preventing and reducing chronic disease statewide. Through cross-sector collaboration, we are activating communities to improve access to and affordability of healthy food, increase opportunities for physical activity, and assure tobacco-free living where Ohioans live, work and play. By implementing sustainable evidence-based strategies, CHC is creating a culture of health.
2019 Creating Healthy Communities Objectives
The Creating Healthy Communities Program focuses on policy, system, and environment change strategies to help increase access to healthy food, increase access to physical activity, and prevent tobacco exposure within target areas of South Toledo, East Toledo, and Central City Toledo.
2019 Strategies Include
- Increasing access to healthy and affordable food through healthy corner stores, work place lactation support, and pop-up farmer’s markets
- Increasing access to physical activity through work place active commute support, stakeholder education on the importance of active transportation strategies, and through shared use policies
- Increasing tobacco-free living through a Tobacco 21 Policy
2018 Healthy Youth and Family Coalition Meetings Dates, Times, and Locations:
2019 Healthy Youth and Family Coalition Meeting Dates, Times, and Locations:
- March 7, 2019 at 9:00-10:30am at Ebeid Institute, 1806 Madison Ave, Toledo, OH 43609
- June 6, 2019 at 9:00-10:30am (Location To Be Determined)
- September 5, 2019 at 9:00-10:30am at Ebeid Institute, 1806 Madison Ave, Toledo, OH 43609
- December 5, 2019 at 9:00-10:30am at Believe Center, 1 Aurora L Gonzalez, Toledo, OH 43609
For more information about the Creating Healthy Communities Program at the state level please visit www.healthy.ohio.gov/chc