Updated 9/16/21 5:10 pm
Case Counts will be updated daily unless otherwise noted.
*Preliminary data presented based on expanded CDC case definitions for Confirmed and Probable cases of COVID-19. Retroactive to 11/1/20, probable case definition revised by ODH to include all positive Antigen tests.
**Data source is the HHS Unified Testing Dataset. Data will be updated on a weekly basis. The data presented represent viral COVID-19 laboratory diagnostic and screening test (RT-PCR) results and exclude antibody and antigen tests. COVID-19 Electronic Lab Reporting (CELR) state health department-reported data are used to describe county-level viral COVID-19 laboratory test (RT-PCR) result totals when information is available on patients’ county of residence or healthcare providers’ practice location. Total viral (RT-PCR) laboratory tests are the number of tests performed, not the number of individuals tested. Viral (RT-PCR) laboratory test positivity rate is the number of positive tests divided by the total number of tests performed and resulted.
Death Reporting Update: Lucas County death reporting from the Ohio Disease Reporting System (ODRS) was further refined on 8/4/21 to remove individuals who are deceased but whose record did not specifically indicate that their death was due to COVID illness, resulting in a decrease in the total number of COVID-related deaths reported since 7/26/21. Death data reported in Lucas County will not reconcile with the numbers reported by the Ohio Department of Health's (ODH) COVID-19 Dashboard. ODH's death data is sourced from the state's Electronic Death Reporting System (EDRS), which only counts fully certified death certificates where the certifier included COVID-19 as the cause of death and where this was coded as such by the National Center for Health Statistics. Fully certified death certificates may lag up to 6 months following an individual's death. Death data reported in ODRS follows the CSTE case definition criteria if COVID was reported as a cause or contributing factor to death.
See the "*About Case, Positivity & Testing Updates" dropdown for information on death reporting changes.
Ohio COVID-19 Vaccination Dashboard
- The interactive vaccine dashboard below is provided by the Ohio Department of Health and can be accessed on their website here: COVID-19 Vaccination Dashboard.
- The COVID-19 Vaccination Dashboard displays the most recent data reported to the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) regarding the number of individuals that have started and completed the COVID-19 vaccination series by various demographics and county of residence.
Lucas County Data Charts
- Data Charts will be updated at minimum weekly on Mondays and more frequently as volume of cases and available resources permit. A "next anticipated update" date is given when delays may be expected.
- The charts will automatically move to the next after a short time. You can manually move between the data charts by the green arrows in the upper left corner. Hovering over any chart will pause the slide show.
- All of the data presented is considered preliminary. This means it is subject to change as information is collected, verified, and updated. Numbers may fluctuate up or down as cases are transferred to or from Lucas County's jurisdiction. Jurisdiction is determined by the location of each case's permanent residence.
- Each chart will indicate if the data presented includes both confirmed and probable COVID-19 cases or just confirmed cases.
Zip Code Maps
- Lucas County COVID-19 Case Rate by Zip Code Map
- The per capita zip code map shows the number of confirmed cases over a rolling 14 day period (probable cases excluded). This map allows direct comparison between different Lucas County communities by standardizing each area's case rate per 5,000 residents.
- Population estimates are based on the U.S. Census Bureau's 2018: American Community Survey 5-Year Estimate. Population totals for zip codes that cross county borders may include some non-Lucas County residents.
- This map will be updated on a weekly basis on Mondays as volume of cases and available resources permit.
- Lucas County Confirmed COVID-19 Cases by Zip Code Map
- The confirmed COVID-19 zip code map illustrates the total cumulative cases per zip code since the start of the pandemic (confirmed and probable cases). Jurisdiction is determined by the location of each case's permanent residence.
- It is important to understand that many of these cases may have already recovered, have had mild illness, or were hospitalized to recover from the virus.
- This map will be updated monthly on the first Monday of each month as volume of cases and available resources permit.
Cumulative Case Count Charts (Monthly)
- Cumulative Case Count Chart (October)
- Cumulative Case Count Chart (September)
- Cumulative Case Count Chart (August)
- Cumulative Case Count Chart (July)
- Cumulative Case Count Chart (June)
- Cumulative Case Count Chart (May)
- Cumulative Case Count Chart (April)
- Cumulative Case Count Chart (March)
Previous Zip Code Maps
- All previous zip code maps will be uploaded in a combined file at the end of each calendar month.
- Previous Months:
- Lucas County COVID-19 Zip Code Maps (10-1 to 10-26)
- Lucas County COVID-19 Zip Code Maps (9-2 to 9-30)
- Lucas County COVID-19 Zip Code Maps (8-3 to 8-31)
- Lucas County COVID-19 Zip Code Maps (7-1 to 7-31)
- Lucas County COVID-19 Zip Code Maps (6-1 to 6-30)
- Lucas County COVID-19 Zip Code Maps (5-1 to 5-29)
- Lucas County COVID-19 Zip Code Maps (3-31 to 4-30)