Shots 4 Tots n Teens vaccination clinics are held by APPOINTMENT ONLY. To schedule an appointment, please call 419-213-2013.
Shots 4 Tots began in 1992 with the goal of increasing immunization rates among Lucas County children. The immunization rate has increased from 33% in 1992 to 73% for Toledo children and from 43% to 82% for suburban children in Lucas County.
Shots 4 Tots is an immunization program for children from birth through 18 years of age. Our professional public health nurses provide immunizations to children at 13 community locations each month.
All Shots 4 Tots n Teens patients MUST present their insurance card and a HARD COPY of their child’s immunization record, and their parent’s I.D. at each visit.
Consent to Immunize
The Consent to Immunize form must be completed by the parent or legal guardian if a friend or family member will be bringing your child to a Shots 4 Tots and Teens clinic for immunizations.
The goal of the Shots 4 Tots program is to increase the childhood immunization rate to 90% in Lucas County. We will do this through education, and reminding families of the need for timely immunizations. Further, we will make getting immunizations simple and convenient. This helps provide a safer community for everyone by reducing vaccine-preventable diseases.
Schedule for Preteens and Teens, 7-18 Years (English)
Shots 4 Tots provides immunizations to children from birth through 18 years of age at 8 community-based locations. All clinics are on a walk-in, first-come, first-served basis. Immunizations available for children include:
- Diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis (DTaP/Tdap)
- Haemophilus influenza type b (Hib)
- Hepatitis A (Hep A)
- Hepatitis B (Hep B)
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Influenza (flu)
- Measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR)
- Meningococcal (meningitis) (MCV)
- Meningococcal Group B (meningitis) (MenB)
- Pneumococcal (pneumonia) (PCV)
- Polio (IPV)
- Rotavirus (RV)
- Varicella (chicken pox)
Fee for services
Shots 4 Tots charges a $21.25 administration fee per shot for those whose insurance does not cover any vaccines or for those without any insurance. We do not turn away for inability to pay.
Patients are eligible to receive vaccines from the Vaccines for Children (VFC) program if they meet the following criteria:
- Medicaid eligible
- Uninsured (No insurance)
- American Indian/Alaskan Native
- Underinsured- a patient is considered “underinsured” and qualifies for a free vaccine under the following situations:
- If the patient has private insurance, but their insurance is capped at a certain amount and the patient has exceeded that cap;
- If the patient has private insurance, but the insurance does not cover selected certain vaccines (they are VFC eligible for non-covered vaccines only)
- If a patient has private insurance, but the insurance does not cover vaccines at all
- Patients who must first meet a high deductible, but the insurance covers vaccines, are not considered “underinsured”
- These guidelines are established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Shots 4 Tots will bill those with private insurance. The patient will be responsible for any co-pays and deductibles.
To request a copy of a Shot Record, please complete the Shot Record Request Form and fax it to 419-213-4196.
The Health Department can provide shot records only if the Toledo-Lucas County Health Department or the Shots 4 Tots program provided the immunizations. Other places to check for shot records include the child’s doctor/s; the child’s school/schools; the child’s daycare. If a physician has retired, the record may be in a medical storage facility and can be retrieved, often for a fee.
The Toledo-Lucas County Health Department maintains the records of patients that have been seen at one of our clinics. We do not have the patient records of physicians that have retired or closed their practices. Many physicians participate in the Ohio Immunization Registry, but it is not mandatory and use by physicians increased around the mid-1990s. Although all ages are included in the Registry, it is more likely to contain complete immunization records for children than adults.
**The Health Department will not turn away any patient based on the ability to pay. All fees are billed according to a sliding fee scale.**