Tobacco Prevention Program
The Tobacco Prevention Program sustains community interventions, counter marketing programs, policy, systems and environmental change tactics and surveillance and evaluation operations to coordinate or maintain the following initiatives:
- Promote model smoke-free leases/policies for multi-unit housing
- Promote model tobacco-free policies for schools, public places and worksites
- Continuous monitoring of tobacco prevalence among Ohioans. Annual adult tobacco prevalence rates are assessed through the Adult Tobacco Survey and Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System while youth tobacco prevalence rates are monitored biannually by way of the Ohio Youth Tobacco Survey
- Provide assistance with quitting tobacco use by calling 419-213-4558 or emailing email@example.com. There is also the option to call the Ohio Tobacco Quit Line at 1-800-Quit-NOW (1-800-784-8669).
- The Ohio Tobacco Quit Line provides free counseling to Lucas County residents and nicotine replacement therapy, regardless of insurance coverage